The monthly event of having one’s period can be a drag. From insatiable chocolate cravings to turbulent mood swings, not to mention excruciating lower back and abdomen pain, menstruation has the ability to wreak havoc on your social life and on your waistline.
In an attempt to outsmart Aunty Flo, we’ve created a list of five PMS -fighting foods to eat when you’re on your period.
- A natural painkiller, vitamin D3 supplements have the ability to stop period pain dead in its tracks. Can’t find the supplements? Try eating vitamin D3-rich foods like tuna, mackerel, mushrooms, and orange juice.
- Found in bananas and coconut water, potassium has the ability to ease bloatedness and combat muscle pain. Try making a banana, date and dark chocolate smoothie, or add a banana to your cereal.
- Because it contains healthy fat, potassium, magnesium, and fiber, eating half an avocado on a daily basis has the ability to balance hormones. So pop half an avo on toast and in salads, or eat as is with a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper.
- Studies show that foods rich in Omega 3 fatty acids help ease menstrual pain. So when it’s that time of the month, opt for a fillet of salmon, or take fish oil supplements.
- It’s been proven that women who eat a plant-based diet experience fewer symptoms of PMS. If you’re not willing to go vegan , simply up your intake of fruits, vegetables, seeds, and nuts.
Advertise with us in affordable price contact us @ +2348136880944 or WhatsApp us @ +2348136880944.