Trump Taps Pompeo, Dangerous Christian Extremist, For Secretary Of State (Image by Gage Skidmore)
President Donald Trump has fired Rex Tillerson as secretary of state and replaced him with current CIA Director Mike Pompeo, a dangerous Christian extremist.
- Trump made the announcement that Tillerson was fired and Pompeo would replace him as secretary of state via Twitter earlier this morning:
- Mike Pompeo, Director of the CIA, become our new Secretary of State will do a fantastic job! Thank you t Tillerson for his service! Gina Hasp become the new Director of the CI the first woman so chosen. Congratulations to all!
Pompeo’s selection to serve as secretary of state is alarming but not surprising. As CIA Director Pompeo has rejected diversity and promoted conservative Christian dogma within the Central Intelligence Agency.
A recent report from Foreign Policy paints a dismal portrait of the CIA under Pompeo. According to the report, Pompeo was working to make the agency a bastion for white, male, Christian conservatives.
The Foreign Policy report explains:
- The concerns are not that Pompeo is religious but that his religious convictions are bleeding over into the CIA.
- According to four sources familiar with the matter, Pompeo, who attends weekly Bible studies held in government buildings, referenced God and Christianity repeatedly in his first all-hands speech and in a recent trip report while traveling overseas.
Commenting on the report, Raw Story notes:
- Insiders — many of whom are afraid to come forward — say Pompeo’s religious beliefs are becoming part of CIA dogma to the dismay of longtime employees.
Michael Weinstein, founder of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, reports he is “being flooded with complaints about the creeping evangelical Christianity that is beginning to pervade the intelligence agency.”
Commenting on the discomfort of long-time agency insiders, Weinstein Notes:
- They don’t typically file formal complaints within the government. But certain things are making them especially uncomfortable, such as officials signing off with the phrase ‘have a blessed day.’ That’s something straight out of The Handmaid’s Tale.
For the record, Mike Pompeo is a dangerous Christian extremist, and a sharp critic of Islam. Indeed, Pompeo even goes so far as to endorse the notion of a “Holy War” between Christians and Muslims, and believes the fight against terrorism is a war between Islam and Christianity.
Speaking at a church group in Wichita, Kansas, in 2014, Pompeo claimed that Christianity was the “only solution” to combat terrorism, arguing that the greatest “threat to America” is caused by “people who deeply believe that Islam is the way.”
Pompeo told the church-goers:
- This threat to America is from people who deeply believe that Islam is the way and the light and the only answer.
- These folks believe that it is religiously driven for them to wipe Christians from the face of the earth.
Noting that “these folks” constitute a small minority among Muslims, Pompeo continued:
- They abhor Christians, and will continue to press against us until we make sure that we pray and stand and fight and make sure that we know that Jesus Christ our savior is truly the only solution for our world.
In addition, at an event hosted by a Virginia-based think in 2015, Pompeo again invoked the notion of a Holy War, describing the wars in which the U.S. is involved in as being “between the Christian West and the Islamic East.”
Cosmopolitan reports that Pompeo’s past comments concerning Muslims have drawn sharp criticism. For example, in the months after the Boston Marathon bombing in 2013, Pompeo took to the House floor to call on Muslim leaders to denounce acts of terrorism committed in the name of Islam, declaring:
- It’s been just under two months since the attacks in Boston, and in those intervening weeks, the silence of Muslim leaders has been deafening.
The future secretary of state went on to suggest that failing to condemn the terrorist attacks made Muslim leaders “potentially complicit” in those attacks.
In another anti-Muslim incident,, Pompeo, using veiled threats and intimidation tactics, forced a mosque located in Kansas to cancel an appearance by a prominent Muslim leader, in part because the speaker was scheduled to appear on the Christian holy day of Good Friday.
Bottom line: Pompeo is a dangerous Christian extremist. His Holy War mentality is alarming, and completely inappropriate for any individual serving as secretary of state.
Advertise with us in affordable price contact us @ +2348136880944 or WhatsApp us @ +2348136880944.