Sensei Uche, an On Air Personality who is currently receiving treatment for Stage 3 cancer in Istanbul Turkey has penned an open letter to Yusuf Buhari who returned to Nigeria recently after medical treatment abroad.
In an open letter Uche penned to Yusuf Buhari on the social media few hours ago, he said the lucky kid is enjoying what an average Nigerian didn’t have access to.
The letter titled “A Letter To Yusuf Buhari” reads:
- I write this letter as a brother and Nigerian, hoping that your recent experience has given you more insight, empathy and strength to look beyond yourself and live for the greater good of humanity.
- Welcome back home brother. Thank God for granting you good health and more years on earth.
- As I think about what led to your accident, I realise that the desire to live to the fullest, is something we both share. Power bike riding is an exciting pass time. And racing on a power bike, (laughs) you’re either an adrenaline junky or just downright crazy to do such. I too look forward to a day I ride my bike across cities and towns in Nigeria.
- I’m currently in Istanbul receiving radiotherapy treatment for a malignant tumour discovered in my nasal region last year. And it’s going well thank God.
- Now here’s why I’m writing you this letter. Note, what I’m about to point out is not your doing, just the way life designed our paths. So take no offence or feel guilt from it. Just know that there comes a time life teaches us lessons that will benefit the world we live in. * You had the best medical care available to you in Nigeria when you had your accident. A team of some the best medical practitioners and minds in the country at your bedside. * I am lucky to have had a tumour identified after months of test in clinics and hospitals. Of which I was told I had nothing more than an infection. * You were flown out of the country as soon as you were stabilised because the doctors I assume didn’t have the equipment and technology to continue with treatment.
- And note that the logistics of visa, funds and family support were all taken care off the table because of your status as the ‘First Son’ of Nigeria. I assume again that you had aides travel with you. All to make certain that your stay outside the country is comfortable and stress After my tumour was diagnosed malignant thank God, I spent four months of more test and scans to come up with the best form of treatment. Receiving two sessions of chemotherapy which turned out to be ineffective. And later resorted to crowdfunding from Nigerians, which helped me get out of the country for better care. But like everyone going out of the country I had to go through the process of visa application in my critical state.
- I could only afford to have a friend travel with me. He put his life on pause for a month to help me settle into the system.
- We are lucky Yusuf. There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of Nigerians who are not as fortunate as us. They have died from ailments far less life-threatening. All because they can’t afford the care and the lack of available medical facilities for treatment.
- They deserve the best medical care as Nigerians. Because they live in a land blessed with wealth and resources beyond imagination. Something I’m sure you’re benefiting from.
- I believe we should all benefit from the resources our country is blessed with. And tribe, language, religion and social standing mean nothing to me when it comes to this notion. I strongly hope you share my sentiments as the first son of Nigeria. I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody.
- The words of your father, my president. Words that meant so much to me as I watched your father being sworn in as the fourth democratically elected president of Nigeria.
- The people of Nigeria are in need of a leader that will create the opportunities needed to make their lives better.
- You know this Yusuf. If you don’t, put on a disguise and go on a nationwide tour to see for yourself. And maybe, just maybe we can start to make the pledge a reality.
- I look forward to meeting you, so we can sit down and plot a path to greatness for Nigeria by sharing ideas.
- God bless you, and may God bless Nigeria.”
Advertise with us in affordable price contact us @ +2348136880944 or WhatsApp us @ +2347036488611.