1. They decide to “get married” rather than to “marry someone” – When men of power set out to achieve something, they accomplish it. And marriage is no exception.
2. It saves time – You can’t outsource love! Love requires work, and work requires effort, and effort requires time! If they had to make choices based on emotions, things could really end up off schedule.
3. Efficiency trumps emotion – Making choices based on emotion is a delicate and lengthy process. It takes time and energy they just aren’t willing to exert.
4. It clears up headspace for what they consider “more important things” – The human mind can have only so much information in it at one time. And true love is a HUGE space sucker.
5. It allows for outside relationships – If they really loved someone, they would have to exert self-control in order to be faithful. And we all know how much energy that can take. Most of these women know the deal when they sign up for this gig, so his behavior is also seemly a guilt-free experience. (Lying is another.)
6. They already give all their love to their work (and to themselves) – There just isn’t any more room in their hearts for true love.
7. They don’t have to take her feelings, needs, and wants into consideration before making big decisions – This allows them to keep their autonomy and streamline yet another process in their daily routine.
8. They need a productive teammate, not a loving soulmate – A woman’s ability to co-pilot is far more important then her ability to express her emotions (and all the other wonderful things that come along with love).
9. Love isn’t guaranteed to last – They aren’t willing to risk a lifelong relationship on love, because, if the love fades, they will have to start over (and lose half their shit!).
10. They don’t even know what true love is – They have spent so much of their energy on their career that they never got to feel, to experience, to enjoy, or to ride the emotional rollercoaster that is true love.