Category Archives: Minister

#Chris_Ngige Minister orders banks to stop sacking their staff


image

Ngige explained that there was an ongoing conciliatory meeting, adding that all retrenchments should stop, pending the outcome of talks.

The Minister of Labour and Employment,
Dr. Chris Ngige has ordered banks to stop sacking their staff.
Ngige explained that there was an ongoing conciliatory meeting, adding that all retrenchments should stop, pending the outcome of talks.
The minister said this on Friday, June 3, 2016, while speaking to newsmen.
Ngige said “Following the high spate of petitions and complaints from stakeholders in the Banking, Insurance and Financial Institutions, I hereby direct the suspension of the on-going retrenchment in the sector pending the outcome of the conciliatory meetings in the industry.
“This is as a result of the apprehension by my office of the various disputes in the sector in accordance and in compliance with the provisions of the labour laws of Nigeria.
“This decision is further predicated on the fact that the continued retrenchment and redundancy by the banks and other financial institutions are jeopardising the outcome of the conciliatory and mediatory processes being underten by the Ministry of Labour and Employment.”
Ecobank Nigeria recently sacked more than 1040 full-time and contract staff. »

Follow us on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ikemdan
Follow us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ikemsam
Follow us on Instagram @ http://instagram.com/ikemsam

Advertisements

#Muhammad_Babandede New #immigration_boss orders arrest of #ex_senators #ministers


image

The newly-appointed immigration Comptroller General ordered the arrest of the former political office holders because they refused to return their diplomatic passports.

The new Comptroller General of the Nigeria Immigration Service, Muhammad Babandede, has ordered the arrest of all former ministers, senators and other ex-political office holders who have refused to return their diplomatic passports,
Vanguard reports.
Details are still sketchy but according to report, the CG gave the directive during his first parley with top management staff of the Immigration Service.
The names of the affected ex-officials were not ascertained as at the time of filing this report.
Babandede, who was the Deputy Comptroller-General of the Service, was
announced » the CG on Tuesday, May 24, 2016.
He replaced Martin Abeshi , who retired from the Service last week at the end of his tenure.

Follow us on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ikemdan
Follow us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ikemsam
Follow us on Instagram @ http://instagram.com/ikemsam

Source: Pulse.ng

We spend N165bn on salaries and allowances every month- Finance minister says


image

Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, today disclosed that the Federal government spends N165 Billion every month to pay salaries. Adeosun disclosed this during a joint meeting with the security chiefs of paramilitary agencies under the ministry of interior on continuous audit and migration from manual to automated payment system in Abuja today May 24th.
‘As you know, we spend N165bn every month on salaries and allowances and we have to check it and the first step to do that is to know, who are those we pay. With automated platform, we can trace these persons to make it more transparency. ‘‘We started that process and as we speak, the biometric data of personnel in the security agencies have been captured to ensure that they are not captured at random,’’she said
Follow us on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ikemdan
Follow us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ikemsam
Follow us on Instagram @ http://instagram.com/ikemsam

Source: Lindaikejisblog.com

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala ‘Nobody has asked me to account for N30trn,’ Ex-minister says


image

The court order was said to have been issued in connection to a suit filed by the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP).

Former finance minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has denied reports that she was asked by a Federal High Court to
account for N30 trillion » which “went missing” during the Goodluck Jonathan
administration.
The court order was said to have been issued in connection to a suit filed by the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP).
Okonjo-Iweala’s denial was contained in a statement released by her media aide,
Paul Nwabuikwu .
It reads:
Our attention has been drawn to media reports regarding a court judgment alleged to have been entered against the federal government of Nigeria and Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala in respect of an action by the Socio-Economic Rights Agenda (SERAP) pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act.
The high court, according to the media reports, ordered the Federal government and Dr. Okonjo-Iweala to provide information relating to N30 trillion Naira allegedly unaccounted for. Dr Okonjo-Iweala hastens to state that she was never served with any court processes in relation to the said matter.
She has not read the judgment and would therefore defer any comments on the matter. However from the media reports, the case was instituted in February 2015 but was not served until July 2015 after Dr Okonjo-Iweala had already ceased to be the Minister of Finance. By the date the said papers were purportedly served Dr Okonjo-Iweala was no longer a public officer and could therefore not be the subject of a request for production of any documents or information under the Freedom of information Act.
The court processes must have been served on others because the attention of Dr Okonjo-Iweala was never drawn to the matter in which she appears to have been sued personally. She therefore did not engage any lawyer to act for her in the matter. The decision of SERAP to anchor its case on a baseless and unsubstantiated allegation by former CBN governor Professor Charles Soludo that N30 trillion – about seven times the total annual budget during the Jonathan administration – is missing confirms SERAP’s dubious motives and its role as a tool for politically motivated actors.
It is curious that the first time Dr Okonjo-Iweala is being made aware of a matter filed against her in court is in news reports reporting the delivery of judgment. She has instructed her lawyers to take steps to set aside the judgment as it affects her.
Follow us on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ikemdan
Follow us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/ikemsam
Follow us on Instagram @ http://instagram.com/ikemsam
Source: Pulse.ng

Minister Threatens To Shut Down Abuja Airport Over Disrepair


image

Nigeria’s Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika, has disclosed that Nnamdi Azikwe International  Airport in Abuja may be shut over decaying infrastructure.
Nigeria’s Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika, has disclosed that Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport in Abuja may be shut over decaying infrastructure.
Minister of Aviation Hadi Sirika
Mr. Sirika spoke today during a presentation of the vision and plan for the aviation sector to a group of stakeholders. During the presentation he lamented that the airport’s runway remains a source of embarrassment stemming from its dilapidated state.
“The infrastructure at the airport is dilapidated, and I was tempted this morning to close down the airport and I probably will for sure,” Mr. Sirika stated.
He also revealed that the government is considering to implement contingency plans for many of the country’s airports—and that they may roll out the plans for airports in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, and Kano first.
“Our plan is to put alongside this airport an entirely new airport with runways and then the old airport can be used for either domestics or regional operations. This would make us have two runways.
“We are focusing on safety and security. We cannot afford mistakes because it could endanger a lot of lives. Often, those who are not aviators are after seeing nice edifice, and they say it is the gateway to the country, and it creates a lot of impressions and all that, but we must ensure that we fly securely and safely.”
“We set up a committee to access the security situations, and I would tell you that the outcome of the committee is not a pleasant story to tell,” he said.
“Aside Port Harcourt, nearly all the perimeter fences are gone in most places, and they can easily be accessed, which would end up becoming a threat to the safety of the industry since anyone can easily walk into the airports.”
Follow us on Facebook and you like our page @ http://facebook.com/ikemdan
Source: Sahara Report

Its disappointing! Oby Ezekwesili reacts to President Buhari saying he needs to protect his emotions on the missing Chibok girls matter


image

Former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, has reacted to President Buhari’s comment in his CNN interview where he stated that he has not seen the proof of life video released last month by CNN where 15 of the Chibok girls were recorded by Boko Haram showing they are alive and well. In the interview, President Buhari said he has to protect his own emotions in issues pertaining to the missing girls.
“I haven’t seen that video but even if I see it, I will be very careful about showing it to the families. There is no point to deliberately raise hopes of the families if you can’t meet them. I saw the families as a group twice. One, they came to visit my wife, two, they came as a group to see me and the less I see them the better for my own emotional balance. I try to imagine y 14 year old daughter, 14-18, missing for more than two years and trying to imagine what condition are they in. Art lot of the parents will rather see their grave than imagine the condition they are in now. Its tragic”he said
Ezekwesili feels Buhari’s comments are disappointing.

image

image

image

image

image

Follow us on Facebook @ http://facebool.com/ikemdan or
Twitter @Ikemsam
Source: Lindaikejisblog.com

Kachikwu ‘Petrol price will drop in 6 months’ – Minister says


image

He said if government did not make the decision, fuel queues across the nation would continue as there was no foreign exchange for importation.

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, has assured Nigerians that the removal of fuel subsidy would crash the price of petrol from the new price of N145 per litre to an unimaginable price over the next six months.
Speaking on Thursday, May 12, on Channels TV’s programme, Sunrise Daily, Kachikwu said that the subsidy removal became necessary in roder to end the fuel scarcity in the country.
According to him, the market dynamics would drive down the price of petrol in the long run “because there are a lot of Nigerians who are very active, very bullish, very talented in doing this; they just have been prevented by government intrusions.
“As it gets better and it gets to a point where we find that the market has stabilised in terms of supply, we will begin to pull back a bit in terms of determinants for pricing.
“You will be amazed at what will happen to your N145 price because it will go downwards,” he said.
On part of why the drastic decision had to be made, the minister said that the government could not provide foreign exchange for the importation of fuel as a result of decline in government earnings from oil.
“You don’t give what you don’t have. We want Nigerians to understand that we feel the pain, and we have tried to avoid it since I came in October. We have done everything we can.
“We first went on to the issue of the subsidies that we inherited which, by the way, were based on 50 to 55 million litres consumption, and we said the number looked bloated. So, we did an experiment and came to a conclusion that this country doesn’t consume more than 45 million litres a day.
“Then we came to a second point and said, ‘We are not even going to have subsidy again. We are going to exit it because there was just too much fraud involved in it,” he said.
He said if government did not make the decision, fuel queues across the nation would continue as there was no foreign exchange for importation.
He added: “So, left with that option, what were we supposed to do? We have struggled. Queues continue to go and they are back. And it will continue to happen unless we address the issues.
“If you free up Nigerians to find sources of funds, they will find those secondary funds. They will import the product; the burden on the NNPC will reduce and the country will have peace and subsidy will go away permanently.
“I am appealing to Nigerians to please for the first time realise that we are doing our very best. I have together with everybody who is in this government worked night and day looking for solutions.
“We mean well and Nigerians should please trust us. Give us a chance, you will be surprised what will become of your PMS price over the next six to eight months.”
READ: ‘How a militant threatened me on the phone,’ Kachikwu recounts »
The Federal Government had on Wednesday, May 11, announced the removal of fuel subsidy, with a new petrol price of N135 to N145 per litre, up from N86 and N86.50.
Follow us on Facebook @ http://facebook.com/ikemdan or Twitter http://Twitter.com/ikemsam
Source: Pulse.ng