Tag Archives: Military

Army sharp-shooters to protect Uganda MPs


Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni has ordered extra security for Uganda’s 456 lawmakers, including the deployment of sharp-shooters and armoured escort vehicles.

The moves comes after a ruling party lawmaker was shot dead on 8 June, and the earlier killing of a senior police officer and prosecutor. The murders have remained unsolved.

In a letter to the finance ministry, Mr Museveni said he had discussed incidents of “criminality and terrorism” with the MPs.

He wanted the finance ministry to “act fast” and release money so that their security could be bolstered, Mr Museveni said.

Advertisements

Watch video how Ghanaian Police Killed Cattle’s and Rams..


They are Ghanaians, this how Ghana treated the Fulani because they were not stupid enough to vote a Fulani as president. The president told the Fulani that Ghana is not Nigeria where cattle walk on street. He ordered the security operatives to shoot both cattles and rams!..

:Watch the video below!..

Source: Ghana TV

‘Enemy attack’ in Somalia leaves 1 US soldier dead, 4 wounded


Islamist group.jpg
© AP/File The Islamic militant group, al-Shabab, claimed responsibility for the attack friday that killed one U.S. service member and wounded four others.
A U.S. special operations soldier was killed and four U.S. service members were wounded Friday in an “enemy attack” in Somalia, the U.S. military said.

It was the first public announcement of a U.S. military combat death on the African continent since four U.S. service members were killed in a militant ambush in Niger in October.

President Donald Trump shared his condolences in a Twitter message Friday evening.

“My thoughts and prayers are with the families of our serviceman who was killed and his fellow servicemen who were wounded in Somalia,” Trump tweeted. “They are truly all HEROES.”

U.S. troops with Somali and Kenyan forces came under mortar and small-arms fire in Jubaland, Somalia around 2:45 p.m. local time, U.S. Africa Command said in a statement.

The joint-coalition forces had been conducting an operation against al-Shabab militants about 217 miles southwest of the capital, Mogadishu, when the attack occurred, the statement said. The operation aimed to drive out the Somalia-based extremist group al-Shabab from contested areas.

Three of the four U.S. service members were transferred for medical treatment while the fourth received medical care on the spot, the Washington Post reported.

Al-Shabab claimed credit for the attack, the SITE Intelligence Group said in a statement Friday.

The U.S. has about 1,000 special operations personnel in Africa. The last killing of a U.S. service member in Somalia was in May 2017 during an operation about 40 miles west of Mogadishu, Stars and Stripes reported.

Trump approved expanded military operations against al-Shabab in early 2017, leading to an increase in U.S. military personnel to more than 500 and the launch of dozens of drone strikes.

Al-Shabab, linked to al Qaeda, seeks to establish an Islamic state in Somalia. It was pushed out of Mogadishu in recent years but continues to control rural areas in the south and central regions.

Late last year U.S. drone strikes also began targeting a small presence of fighters linked to the Islamic State group in Somalia’s north.

Somali officials have said civilians have been killed in more than one joint U.S. military operation with Somali forces. Earlier Friday, the U.S. Africa Command issued a statement in response to allegations that civilians had been killed in a May 9 operation, saying a “thorough review” found the allegations to be “not credible.”

The October attack in Niger raised questions in Washington about the U.S. military presence across Africa as the Trump administration focuses counterterror efforts on a range of groups linked to Al Qaeda and the Islamic State group.

A Pentagon investigation into the Niger attack, parts of which were made public last month, found multiple failures but none that directly caused the ambush by Islamic State group-linked fighters.

The investigation has already triggered changes in the way military activities are carried out in Niger and elsewhere in Africa, including giving teams the option to use heavily armored vehicles and beefed-up firepower.

Source: Fox News

​Biafra: Activist lawyer indicts military on Kanu’s whereabouts


MILITARY Activist lawyer and one of the leading counsels of the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Barrister Maxwell Opara has accused the Nigerian Military of being in possession of Nnamdi Kanu who was last seen or heard on 11th September last year.
Speaking in an exclusive interview with Blueprint in Abuja, Opara alleged that it might not be out of place to conclude that Nnamdi Kanu was amongst the 28 persons slain by the military in the operation which wiped out every living thing in Kanu’s compound on the 14th September 2017.

According to the activist lawyer, out of the 28 persons that were killed, the military took away 13 corpses wondering whether Nnamdi Kanu or other members of his family were among those taken away after the operation.

He explained: “When the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria said that Nnamdi Kanu violated his bail conditions which is normal, yes they have the right to say it. They went further to apply for summons asking the court to revoke the bail of Nnamdi Kanu. While we are waiting to hear their application on the 7th of October, 2017, the military went to his house on the 11th September with an armoured car and besieged that the place and people were asking why, why? Why should that happen?

“They left only for them to come back on the 14th September 2017 and killed every living thing in that house- dog, fowl, lizard, human being- everything they killed, 28 persons were killed and they left with their copses. I am talking about the Nigerian Army. Since then, we have not heard of Nnamdi Kanu. We heard of him last when he called the principal Counsel Ejiofor complaining of the way his house was surrounded by the military. When Ejiofor started calling the line back, up till now, it could not go through. Whether he is dead or alive we do not know.”

Opara noted that among those killed in the operation were two children who were Hawking oranges in the environs and a popular madwoman who operated around the Government House in Umuahia.

The human rights lawyer wondered why nobody was asking the military authorities about Kanu’s whereabout, adding the operation was uncalled for since it was neither a war situation nor was there any need for arresting or producing Kanu which failed.

He noted that if Kanu posed any threat, he would have been arrested by the Abia state Commissioner or the Director of state security in the state.

Arguing that the Federal Government was in violation of the bail conditions granted to Kanu, Opara stated: “Yes, Yes. It is a very simple thing. Why are we being naive. Why are Nigerians behaving like this? Even the journalists are not helping matters. Nobody has gone to ask the chief of Army Staff or Director of Military Intelligence or the Army Public Relations Officer. Why, why ? Why should they bring armoured car to his compound.

On the fate of those who took the IPOB leader on bail, Barrister Opara stated: “They has a very simple case, you can’t intimidate them. Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe has filed his action asking the army to produce Kanu.

“It is a very simple case. People should not misinterpret the order of court. He was not in court that day. Court then ordered that he Senator Abaribe should come and explain the whereabout of Nnamdi Kanu and that is the procedure of court.

“And court went further to say ordinarily, either you produce Nnamdi Kanu or forfeit the bail conditions. It is a general rule. In every general rule there must be an exception, when the person is dead, when kidnappers kidnap him and there is an established case that he has been kidnapped.

“Chief Abaribe filed his motion accompanied with relevant affidavit. Remember that we his legal team would have filed but the court overruled us,” the activist said.

Source: blueprint.ng

​Biafra! Nnamdi Kanu’s brother, reveals who allegedly kidnapped, sold IPOB leader to military



POLITICS Prince Emmanuel Kanu, the younger brother of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, has alleged that leader of the Biafra Movement, BIM, Ralph Uwazuruike kidnapped the IPOB founder and also sold him to the military.
In an interview with Daily Sun, Prince Kanu said that Uwazuruike’s evil intentions for Nnamdi Kanu led him to kidnap him [Nnamdi] in 2009.

According to him, this time around, Uwazuruike has succeeded in selling the pro-Biafra leader to the Nigerian Government and its security forces, adding that there will be no reconciliation between the two if Nnamdi Kanu finally comes out.

He said, “Well, if the Nigerian army will release Nnamdi Kanu from where they kept him, I don’t see any reconciliation coming because Uwazuruike is a saboteur; he sold my brother to the Federal Government.

“He had a hand in the military raid of our country home because he collected huge sum of money by the Federal Government for that purpose.

“Uwazuruike always has evil intention; that was why he kidnapped my brother in 2009 and I gave him 24 hours to release him and after releasing him, he invited the DSS to arrest my brother at the Ojukwu Bunker which they did, all in an effort to ensure he was eliminated.

“Uwazuruike must go into exile whether he likes it or not for betraying his people and at the same time insulting them. Nobody in his right senses will insult his people the way he did, that tells you how far he has gone to rubbish his own people for the sake of money.

“He is the man that will tell few of his followers to use Biafran international passport and Biafra vehicle number plates while himself will be using those of Nigeria, have you seen this type of human being before? Like I said, at the appointed time, he must go into exile because he is not worthy to live in Biafra land.”

Source: Dailypost

​China announced 1.11 trillion yuan for military budget



China has announced a military budget of 1.11 trillion yuan ($175bn; £126bn) for the coming year.
The figure, an 8% increase on last year, was announced as the annual meeting of parliament got under way in Beijing. Prime Minister Li Keqiang also set a target of 6.5% growth for the economy.

The National People’s Congress (NPC) is also expected to remove the two-term presidential limit, enabling Xi Jinping to remain in office indefinitely.

The move, which was long expected but has been controversial even in China, has helped cement Mr Xi’s status as the most powerful leader since Chairman Mao Zedong.

Thousands of Chinese legislators at Monday’s meeting burst into applause when the plan to scrap the two-term limit was read out to the chamber. The vote on the proposal will take place on 11 March and is expected to be unanimously approved.

The NPC is largely a rubberstamp parliament, endorsing decisions already made by the Communist Party.

Its delegates, about 3,000 of them representing all provinces and regions, are technically elected, but in practice, hand-picked by the Party.

The gathering takes place under tight security – known dissidents are routinely removed from the capital before it takes place.

The government has said it will focus on three main goals over the coming year: tackling China’s exposure to financial risk, reining in rampant pollution and continuing to combat poverty.

In his opening report to parliament, Mr Li said the army must be “strong as stone” in the face of

“profound changes in the national security environment”.

US warship makes historic Vietnam visit in shadow of China

The increased spending, announced in a budget report, is seen as a good indication of China’s strategic ambitions, as it continues to modernise its army – the world’s largest – and develop its infrastructure in contested areas like the South China Sea and its Himalayan border regions.

While expected, the spending increase will further unnerve China’s regional rivals.

Many of China’s regional delegates attend in traditional dress as a show of diversity

China is now the world’s second largest economy. After years of rapid growth, millions have been lifted out of poverty and there is a ballooning middle class.

There are also some 100 billionaires in China. Many of them are members of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC), the top advisory body, which is also meeting this week.

But a reliance on borrowing to fuel this growth has led to pressing political concerns about debt risk.

As expected, Mr Li’s report said reining in this risk would be a key policy for the coming year, promising to “see that internal risk controls are tightened in financial institutions” and a “serious crackdown on activities that violate the law like illegal fundraising and financial fraud”.

This could indicate further action like that taken against insurance giant Anbang, which was last month taken over by insurance regulators.

Mr Li set the growth target – the amount by which the economy is expected to continue expanding – at 6.5%, slightly lower than the 6.9% growth achieved in 2017.

On the horizon, as China lays out it financial ambitions, is a potential trade war brewing with the US, as the Trump administration pursues its policy of shifting the global balance in trade.

The NPC takes place with tight security and very little opportunity for opponents to challenge the leadership

China’s trade surplus with the US reached an all-time high of $275.81bn in 2017.

President Donald Trump has already announced steep new tariffs on steel and aluminium imports to address what he calls “very stupid” trade deals, and has threatened further measures targeting Chinese imports specifically.

NPC spokesman Zhang Yesui said on Sunday that while China does not want a trade war “if the US takes actions that hurt Chinese interests, China will not sit idly by”.

Mr Li also on Monday issued a fresh warning to Taiwan nationalists, saying Beijing “will never tolerate any separatist schemes or activities for ‘Taiwan independence”,

Beijing considers self-ruling Taiwan to be a breakaway province that will eventually be part of the country again, though many in Taiwan want a separate nation.

Source: uncova.com

​Army tells Nigerians what to do about herdsmen



Nigerian Army has urged Nigerians to report fleeing herdsmen found in their areas to security agencies.
It said this will ensure that such elements are dealt with before they cause security breach.

This is contained in a statement on Wednesday by the Director of Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Texas Chukwu.

He said this while announcing recent successes of Operation Cat Race.

Chukwu noted that to further consolidate feat of the Excercise, troops are embarking on regular patrol of communities in states being covered.

”The Nigerian Army therefore, solicit for law abiding citizens to look out for fleeing herdsmen seeking for refuge in their communities as they are on the run and report promptly to nearest military or security agency”, the spokesman added.

Source: dailypost

(ISBlog) update you with Inspiration, Home Remedy, Entertainment, Politic, Lifestyle, Fashion, Celebrity, etc.

%d bloggers like this: